1890 Buford Avenue
University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108
Corporate philanthropy is seeking new partnership with nonprofits. How can your organization leverage money and employee engagement?
This session will address a new way to engage corporate philanthropy. The old model suggested an application for resources and a report at the end of the grant cycle. A new model leverages new tools to engage philanthropy at levels of support beyond just grant dollars.
Join this session to discuss the evolving expectations around developing authentic relationships between nonprofits and corporate partners. Examples of strategies and tools to be covered in this session include:
- Creative ideas for maximizing the relationship between a nonprofit and corporate partner – ideas which move away from a one-time transaction to a long-term relationship.
- Mission advocacy development using corporate employees to amplify the impact of other efforts, such as social media campaigns on Give to the Max Day.
- Dynamics of corporate/association sponsorships including a focus on brand awareness and individualized sponsor packages.
- Skilled volunteer engagements using the expertise of corporate volunteers in mission services outside of board service.
- Software platforms which provide new insights to nonprofits and corporate partners about how corporate employees engage in the mission of nonprofits.
- Team support exercises have been successful in the past (Brush with Kindness, etc…) but new options to engage team support in specific grant work can be discovered using corporate support and serendipity tools.
- Attendees will learn about trends in gaining philanthropic support from employee engagement. Nonprofits incorporating these themes in grant applications and outcome measurements will continue to increase their competitive advantage in the grant funding cycle.
- Attendees will expand their confidence to seek creative sponsorship opportunities to meet the needs of their mission and the objectives of for-profit partners.
This session is being offered in conjunction with the Minnesota Foundations 2014 session in the afternoon. Register for both workshops and we’ll provide you with a complimentary lunch.