774 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN 55104
You’ve got a lot of friends in the Hamline University network you haven’t met yet! LinkedIn can connect you to them (and lots of others) to help you uncover opportunities, advance your work goals, and much more. There are, however, rules to the road for using LinkedIn to enhance your network. Steve Boland MNM ’11, managing partner of Next in Nonprofits, will lead a short presentation on this tool, followed by questions and open discussion. The agenda for the morning includes:
• Using all the profile features of LinkedIn to help others understand your goals.
• Connecting to known alumni first, and learning about their connections.
• How to ask a fellow alum for support BEFORE asking for a connection.
• Using recommendations and endorsements to increase visibility.
• Publishing updates to LinkedIn to meet your professional goals.